Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The bell tolls for thee...

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manner of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.
-John Donne



Well, it has been a rather sad couple days over in France as it seems everyone has been asked to leave the Tour. Rasmussen, Moreni (and the entire Cofidis team), Vinokourov (and the entire Astana team): all kicked out or asked politelty to get the hell out.

So what's left? 143 riders are remaining and the outlook is dim for the future of the Tour much less for the sport. I have been so busy reading the scandals I haven't even been able to keep up with the freakin' new standings. I do know that Contador is leading the pack now and the entire peloton will be crying all the way into Paris as more and more sponsors run screaming the other way.

I am working hard at keeping the faith but with crooked refs and doped up cyclists I am having some trouble keeping up. Tomorrow I will collect myself and get some results and more info up. James has sequestered himself on the southeast side of town so there has been no Bigman Shoes conference (sitting at the bar till close rambling to each other) for awhile. Check back for more info and some lighter-hearted sort of posts. Posts that involve pictures of dudes like this:



P.S: My brother-in-law (or cunado en espanol) is totally awesome. (He forced me to put that. He is in fact very scary and will someone please call the police and send them to the Motel 6 on Stark and 91st to deal with him!)

No comments: